Friday 29 June 2012

Triple Cheese and Onion Muffins

Last week I felt like baking. There's something so calming about baking isn't there? It's much more magical than any other cooking process, as the end result is so very different from the separate ingredients that go into the mixture.

And filling the house with tantalising smells that result in something good to eat - well, that's always rewarding.

Since finding out I was diabetic, I don't bake as often as I used to, but when I spotted these cheese and onion muffins in the July issue of Good Food magazine, I had to try them. Although they would probably have been even better for me if I had used wholemeal flour, the balance of protein, carbs and fat means I was able to enjoy them in moderation without worrying too much about harming my health.





If you would like to try making them, the recipe is on page 67 of the July Good Food magazine, or you can find it on the Good Food website here

2 comments:

becky3086 said...

Thanks so much. These look wonderful! I have printed the recipe so I can try it.

Jo Bryan said...

I am so hungry now after seeing these, never really eaten a savoury muffin, but cheese being a fave food has me wanting to try these. Off to bookmark the recipe, thanks.