Sunday 25 November 2012

Singing the Blues

Several of my friends and family have birthdays in December - several MALE ones. And I need to make cards for them. I can hear 90%  of you groaning - cards for men are so hard to make, especially men who don't like the traditional male card themes of booze, sport and fishing. But all the men in my family appreciate landscapes, and I like to create a wintry looking scene that isn't specifically a Christmas card. I reckon that way they can sneakily carry on displaying their birthday cards right through Christmas and make it look as if they had more Christmas cards than usual!

 
So here is a card I have made with that in mind. I die cut the circle and stamped the scene, then masked off the scene and the card below it and  also a circle for the moon. Then I sponged two shades of blue ink over the circle and blended them with horizontal strokes of a watercolour brush to create a wintry looking sky. Finally I highlighted the snow with touches of holographic glitter to reflect the blue.

I am submitting this to
 CAS-ual Fridays CFC79 Winter Blues
Addicted to Stamps and More CAS challenge 4
Addicted to Clean And Simple ATCAS #1 Snow

9 comments:

Kylie said...

I love that you have used the code word to create a card that isnt for Christmas! Love that you have thought outside the box. Your card is lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

Kylie said...

Omgosh, I have thanked you for entering at my other challenge blog which this card would also be perfect for!! So sorry! But - thank tou so much for playing in our CAS challenge at ATSM! xx

Jane Willis said...

Hi Kylie

I've already entered another card into CAS but if you're happy for me to play twice I'll edit in a link to the challange on this one too.

Jane

Kylie said...

Hi Jane, absolutely enter it into ATCAS. You may enter twice in that challenge xx

Sanketi said...

Beautiful card Jane!

Danielle Vincent said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More! It's perfect for a man or woman really :o)

Loll said...

Beautiful winter scene. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card and so beautifully stamped and sponged perfect for any guy and also for our fist ever challenge at Addicted to Cas. Do hope to see you again.

Marie

Lisa A. said...

What a pretty scene, Jane!! Love the moon among the trees...lovely! So happy you joined the two week challenge at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!