Sunday 21 April 2013

A CAS CASe

This week there is a new challenge at Less is More - a choice of two cards to CASe (I'm not really sure what the abbreviation stands for - Copy And Share? )

Chrissie's card wouldn't really work with any dies from my collection but I'm awe struck at what some of the other crafters have done with the idea. So I decided to tackle Jen's striking card:

Since challenge CFC 99 at CAS-ual Fridays is "Birthday Bash"  I decided to stick to the Happy Birthday message, but to step outside my comfort zone with the colour scheme. I very rarely do pretty, so finding sheets of pink and lilac card among my stash proved to be the biggest challenge of the lot! I decided to add the borders by embossing, with a scoring board for the background and using the Nestie for the label.

7 comments:

Gilu J said...

I luv the pink you've used:)

Susan said...

Looks like you've created a perfect CASE! Very pretty!

Jen Nelson said...

great case.. love the colours

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous card Jane, super case of Jen's card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Pamela said...

Beautiful CASed version! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Alice said...

Wonderful take on the original card. So sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Very pretty! The embossing on the banner and the scoring around the edges are great details. Thanks for joining us for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!