Sunday 28 April 2013

And now for something completely different.....

Last week I bought a CD I'd not seen before, Joanna Sheen's Viva La Divas. The images on it are rather like the humorous cards seen in the shops at the moment, 1950s style pictures, mostly of women, with very 21st century slogans.

The images and mottoes really speak for themselves, so there isn't a lot in the way of creativity you can produce with it,  but it's perfect for making humorous cards, perhaps for the kind of person who wouldn't normally appreciate a hand made card.

I've been looking for an excuse to use it, and this Sunday's challenge at CD Sundays, Purple Paradise,  made me think of this image straight away.

I experiment with many different styles, but I've never used a CD quite like this before - hence the subject of today's post.

11 comments:

Wynn said...

This really made me smile. I think one or two of my friends would love this image and sentiment.FABULOUS!!!

Wynn x

Jocelyn said...

It's nice sometimes to try something outside our comfort zone and your card is perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for joining in and hope to see you again soon.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

It's fab Jane. Those backing papers are gorgeous, the image and the sentiment make a great combination.
Thank you for joining us again this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

How lovely, i love this Jane , Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday, sue-b xx

Carol said...

Wow Jane. She is fabulous and so is the card. I have this CD and love the sense of humour on it. Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

This is fabulous Jane, sometimes it does us good to think outside our comfort zone and you have done it so well. Love the image and the sentiment made me smile.
Thanks for joining us again this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

This card made me think of years ago, great words, lovely card
Margaret guest designer for April cd sunday challenge

Linby said...

I've got this CD too - just love the images, and I like how you have used it for this card.
Lynn x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A super card, and great sentiment with it too. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

Sue T
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card Jane, made me laugh, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

Cazro said...

A lovely card Jane, it can be like a tonic to jump out of our comfort zones now and then. It has certainly ended with a perfect card for our challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz