Monday 6 May 2013

Contrasting colours

This week's challenge #118 at Less is More is a colour challenge.

 
The task is to choose two colours that are opposite each other on the wheel and use them together. I had great fun going through my stash and putting together contrasting pairs, to see which I liked best, and decided in the end to use Blue-Violet and Orange-Yellow. The snag is, they've come out on my photo with the blue-violet looking bluer and the orange-yellow looking yellower!
 
 
Many thanks to everyone who gave me advice about how to stick intricate die cuts last time I used them - I used a cocktail stick and tacky glue this time and made a much less messy job of it. Not perfect yet - but that will take practise!

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

The best thing I've found for attaching intricate die-cuts it to stick some double sided sheet on the back of the card before running it through the machine. I sometimes use broad DST but you can buy sheets of it. After cutting, all you need to do is peel and stick.
It's particularly good for attaching tiny die-cut letters. You don't get escaping glue spots! I use a pokey tool to hold the die-cut, it just sticks to the back and then you can position it carefully.
Anyway, your card is great after all that taradiddle!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"