Wednesday 9 October 2013

Have yourself a scrappy little Christmas!

I try to be pretty disciplined about my craft odds and ends, as I'm very pushed for space. I do have a bits and pieces box, but only hang on to things big enough to be genuinely useful. Except when it comes to Christmas stash. Something at the back of my mind tells me that maybe next year not one company will produce any festive themed products, so I really MUST hang on to that 4cm square of snowflake acetate, that tag end of festive ribbon, the last die cut from a sheet or the Rudolph embellishment that has no red brad left to make his shiny nose (Rudolph the green nosed reindeer, anybody?

Here's just a tiny sample of the bits and pieces that have built up over the years


I'm trying hard to use up as much as possible this year - some of the older bits are starting to look decidedly dog eared and need severe pruning before use! So I was delighted to see that this week's Use it Tuesday challenge is #65: Scraps, Pieces and Odds and Ends.

With so many odds and ends to choose from, I decided to combine this with the Crafty Creations Challenge #242 : Easy as 1,2,3 which asks us to use three patterned papers, two embellishments and one ribbon, all of which were from my hoarded Christmas bits and pieces box.


And now I have bits and pieces spread out all over the table so I'm going to go and see just how many cards I can make without breaking out anything new!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Way to use up those older goodies! I have limited space too and every so often I have a scrap only challenge for myself to purge the system, they just build up so fast. Love the card, thanks for joining in at Use It Tuesday.

Becky said...

Sounds like the way I think! What a great way to use up your scraps! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!