Monday 14 October 2013

Meal planning Monday 14th October

I wasn't going to make a plan this week but one just happened anyway! But I will definitely not be around next week, so I'll be AWOL then.

Monday  "barbecued" pork fillet with rice and salad. This is a recipe from an issue of Cordon Bleu Monthly from the late 1970s. The pork isn't barbecued at all, it's marinated in a spicy barbecue style sauce then braised, and the sauce finished with the marinade and lots of tomatoes (yes, I'm still using up the glut)

Tuesday home made pizza with fresh tomato topping

Wednesday butternut squash risotto

Thursday my daughter, who is visiting from France, is cooking. She misses British sausages so we'll probably be having those, but she's not decided what she's cooking with them yet. We have a nice celeriac in the fridge so it might be celeriac mash

Friday steak and chips 

Saturday  taking daughter to the airport in the afternoon so it will need to be something simple - probably a piece of lamb I can stick in the oven when we get in and leave to look after itself

Sunday I'll be heading up north to my Mum's, so she'll be in charge - I expect she'll do salmon as she knows I don't get that at home!

See more ideas for this week's meals in the linky over at At Home With Mrs M

1 comment:

Kim Carberry said...

Yum!!
Have a lovely time with your daughter while she's visiting x