Tuesday 4 November 2014

Toys for the Boys at Cardz 4 Guys

This week our challenge at Cards 4 Guys is "Toys for the Boys" and we want to see cards for boys young and old - it could show something like train sets or computer games for a young boy or teenager, or cars or computers (or indeed train sets or computer games) for adults!

My DT card is for an adult, using a computer themed decoupage from the forthcoming CD "The Best of La Pashe 2014 " and also available as an individual download in the "Precious Moments" range at La Pashe.

For the background, I've used papers from a lovely surprise bundle of goodies I won last week from the Quick Cards Made Easy Facebook page.


Lots of the papers and card are perfect for man-cards!


I chose the black chevron patterned paper and the all over number patterned paper to give a computer screen effect. If you look very closely, you will spot something slightly odd about the number paper - a few of the columns of numbers towards the left are printed back to front! I have no idea whether this is by accident or design, and it took me ages to work out why the paper didn't look quite right!

I know computer monitors seldom have knobs on the front these days, but I used a bit of artistic license because I thought the shiny Candi would look smart on the card. So let's just pretend it's a twenty year old computer!

I've finished the inside with some of the leftover papers and a spare image from the decoupage sheet.


 
 

I am joining in with
Allsorts Challenge  - week 283, Masculine (my first visit to this challenge)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - November

4 comments:

Julie B said...

Well done on your win and what great use you've made of them. This is such a great image for this weeks challenge. :)

Mervi said...

Lovely card Jane.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

brenda said...

A great masculine card Jane and how fitting is that image for our households nowadays.

Thanks so much for sharing your pretty card with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Kimbo said...

Well done on the win Jane. Great card and how funny about that paper x