Tuesday 16 December 2014

Sunflowers in December

Are you tired of making Christmas cards yet? For me, the time for making them is over and the time for sending and receiving them has arrived. This morning I've packed away all my Christmas crafting bits (although I've not put them far away, as my granddaughter is sure to want to use them when the school holidays start) and my thoughts have started turning to something more summery.

And what can be more summery than sunflowers? For this card I've used two papers from the CD "Linda Luckin Designs Background Papers" and a stamp designed by Linda to co-ordinate with the papers (sadly  the CD and stamp are no longer available).

I wanted to keep the layout simple, to make the most of the lovely papers, so I had a browse through my Pinterest "Sketches" board, where I pin any interesting looking sketches for possible future use, and came up with a nice bold sketch that worked well with the large pattern on  the papers.

 
This is my card for the latest challenge at CD Sundays  - Stamp it with sue-b

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card - love the colours and yes, it is so nice to see a card that isn't for Christmas for a change :) Elizabeth xx

Liz said...

I love the combination of the sunflower backing paper and the sunflower stamp. Lovely design. x

Wynn said...

What fabulous background papers. As you say sadly no longer available. It matches the stamped image perfectly. A truly stunning card Jane. Thank you for sharing it with us Wynn DT CD Sunday

Jocelyn said...

Such a lovely image - I love sunflowers they always look so cheerful. I love those backing papers too.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

Such a great card, I think I may have this stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this time.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

This is lovely , the papers go so well with the stamp that is beautifully coloured too.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday
sue-b x
DT CD Sunday

Carol said...

What a striking card Jane. Beautifully presented.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

Love your card Jane, those papers are stunning and really compliment your beautifully coloured Sunflower Stamp.
Thanks for joining in with us and a Merry Christmas to you.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, love the image clean and plain yet elegant
Margaret