Monday 26 January 2015

A nice cup of tea

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you'll already know how addicted to tea I am. So today's card won't come as much of a surprise! These tea-themed toppers from Crafty Individuals are perfect for a pretty, tea-themed card.

The lace is made with a Spellbinders die called "Adorning Squares". I cut the whole thing once, and then the complete inner square a second time,  then cut the two inner squares in half diagonally to create a set of corners. The two central circles went to embellish the strip with the sentiment on the card base. The beautiful pearl strips are from the Handcrafted Card Company - I won them in a competition on their Facebook page.

I wish you could feel the papers! They are from a pad from the Victoria and Albert museum - craft goodies p[op up in the most unexpected places, and claim to have a linen finish. The finish is, in fact, so soft and fabric like that you could sit and stroke them for hours. (Don't ask how I know that, I just DO, OK?)





I'm sharing this card with the Lace and Pearls challenge at the Allsorts Challenge Blog.

2 comments:

Claire Toplis said...

A quaint card I do like my tea

Mervi said...

Hi Jane.
Fabulous easel card, beautiful lace die cuts and pearls.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, good luck;-))m