Sunday 24 May 2015

Are you being ignored?

If you own, or have ever owned, a cat, you'll know what it's like when they have decided to ignore you. They don't just take no notice of you, they ignore you with every muscle in their body! This cat silhouette stamp, which I think was a covermount on Craft Stamper a few years ago, always makes me think of a cat, rigid with "I'm ignoring you"-ness, sitting with its back firmly pointing in your direction.

Somewhere, years ago, I heard the quotation "You have never been truly ignored until you have been ignored by a cat." I've tried searching for it and although I couldn't find the exact quote, I found dozens that expressed the same idea. Being ignored by a cat is obviously a very common occurrence! I really wanted to use the saying along with my silhouette stamp, so I computer generated it and printed it onto my card. The font I used is Kristen ITC in size 18 point, and I found that by using Print Layout in Word at 87% size, the page on the monitor came out exactly the size of my card, so I was able to hold a thin sheet of  copier paper up to the screen and view my text through it, in order to position it perfectly before printing.

Then all I needed to do was cut the card to size and stamp my cat, using Promarkers to add a little shadow for interest, because obviously as well as ignoring me, the cat would have chosen the sunniest spot in the house and therefore be casting a shadow.



I'm playing along with Addicted to CAS - Animal

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! Such a funny sentiment and so true! :-) Very nice CAS card. Thanks for sharing with us over at ATCAS!

Bonnie said...

LOL, so true! Love the font you chose and that kitty is adorable and looks like he's ignoring me! So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS!

Doni High said...

Great CAS card. my cat ignores me best when she sits directly in front of my face!

Поли Христова said...

Funny card.I like it!

Loll said...

Hi Jane. So fun! Love your black and white card with the cat silhouette. I agree with you, cats are the experts as ignoring people! :) Too funny!! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

Magic Flying Boots said...

Awwww, so true! Love it!