Wednesday 5 August 2015

Getting Snarky

Well, until today I didn't really know what snarky meant in crafting terms, but since it's the latest Shopping Our Stash challenge I thought I'd better find out. A bit of research showed me that it is humourous art but with an acid touch - think Anne Taintor (if you don't know who she is, Google her, you're missing out on a wealth of great humour!) only with cutting and sticking!

My first thought was to turn to the Joanna Sheen Viva la Divas CD and edit some of the sentiments, but that wouldn't really, really be using my stash, so I dug out this old unmounted stamp that came in a grab bag from Viva Las Vegas Stamps some years ago and paired it with paper and card from my snippets box, keeping to the lime-and-navy colour scheme to give it a retro feel.

I really don't know what the image  on the stamp is meant to convey - a cut finger perhaps? But the woman looks so cross that I think it goes well with a version of a saying I've often seen on Pinterest, that usually starts "I drink coffee....."  - I produced my own version of it with a hand held Dymo label machine, which adds to the 50s feel of the design.


I'm sharing this with
Shopping Our Stash #213 - Show us your snark
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - Show us your snark
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 188

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Brilliant! I love this card Jane. The image, the papers and that sentiment go to make the perfect 'snarky' card. I had never heard that word either but I can see it getting well used now :) Elizabeth xx

Donna said...

He he he this is awesome Jane!!
Thanks for joining Shopping Our Stash and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our combined "Show Us Your Snark" challenge!
I love the retro feel of the green and white polka dot paper!! I used to have a favourite pair of shorts that looked JUST like that!! LOL

Sue - said...

So glad you explained snarky as I had no idea what it meant either! Brilliant card, I love the lime green and navy together.

Eve said...

Hi Jane
it is lovely to see you in the playground again with your very witty card!!
I was just trying to think of other phrases that she might be saying but you have nailed it!!
Love the zesty colours!
Eve xx

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

I can totally see her saying to her husband, "I can kill you now, or I can have some crafty therapy time, don't make me choose." My husband tells me that I am happier when I've had crafty time. Perfect sentiment adaption. Thanks for playing in the cross over "Show us Your Snark" challenge with Shopping Our Stash and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Unknown said...

Very nice retro feel with this card. The DYMO sentiment fits in perfectly!

^LM
DymoSupport

Liz said...

I would have had to google 'snarky' too! Great design. xx

Leslie Hanna said...

Welcome to our world of snark. Man, another Viva Las Vegas stamp. I absolutely love them!

And she's either looking at a paper cut, or wagging her finger at him. :D Great sentiment!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Barbara Godden said...

Great card, love the snark and oh how true, I like to retreat to my room on occasion. thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our stash and the Sisterhood of Snarky stampers for the "show me your snark" challenge.

Lindsey said...

Such truth in this card! Love the image, and who cares what it is really supposed to represent! Thanks for joining the fun at our Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers/Shopping Our Stash bonus challenge!

Chris Dring said...

Welcome to the world of snark! You've made a fabulous snarky card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and Shopping Our Stash!

Karen Schroeder said...

Fantastic snarkiness! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and Shopping Our Stash combined challenge!

Darnell said...

Congratulations for your Princess honors over at the Sisterhood, Jane! We're twinnies!! I just love that sediment! And your choice of color and image was perfect! Hugs, Darnell

Claire Toplis said...

Ha ha love this

Claire Toplis said...

I really like the printed aspect .