Saturday 17 October 2015

More falling leaves - lots of them!

I've pulled lots and lots of old stash out of my drawers for this card - the horse chestnut leaf is the very first stamp I ever bought, about 20 years ago. It is a Personal Impressions one, so old the design mane/number has worn off,  and although I have added hundreds and hundreds of stamps to my collection over the years, it is still one of my favourite and most versatile stamps. I stamped it with brown wink, embossing some of the images with a copper sparkle powder and the others with a variegated one called "Wild tiger", also both very early purchases along my crafting journey.

The metallic peel offs were part of a kit I bought from QVC when I first started watching it. That was when my older daughter was doing her A levels, and she is 36 now, so you can imagine how old they are!

The lovely autumn leaf backing paper that I've used on the inside of the card is less than a year old, a positive baby, part of a sheet from the DCWV stack 9 that I got back in the early spring, and the embossed and inked foil is left over from a previous project.

I made an acetate window in the front of the card so that the paper on the inside would form part of the overall design.




I'm joining in with

Sweet Stampin' - "Antiques Roadshow" - your oldest stamp (and I've included some other old stuff too!)
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Autumn Colours
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge - Autumn Colours
Ruby's Rainbow - Autumn Leaves
Shopping Our Stash - I can see clearly   

8 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Woooww
This is a cool fall card
Love the acetate in the middle of your card...
Awesome Idea
Jane do you sell your card?You made many lovely card...I Send only to friends my cards..or give to kind friend to use for send to someone...selling is not easy in Germany :)

Liz said...

Oh WOW! Love this design - the acetate strip with the paper showing through is really lovely. xx

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous card love it Judith DT Fab-Tastic Tuesday x

lauren bergold said...

oh wow! i've made loads of acetate cards but i've never thought of doing a clear panel all the way across!!! that is fabulous, ESPECIALLY with the leaves cascading down like they are doing outside my (actual, non acetate lol) window!!! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (clear!) STASH with us this week! ♥♥♥

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh Jane this is so very pretty! I love the centre panel! And the pretty fall colours! Just awesome!
Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our I CAN SEE CLEARLY challenge!!

Cass said...

Absolutely beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Cass said...

Absolutely beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

shaz earl said...

Your card is gorgeous !
Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.