Tuesday 1 November 2016

Remembrance or Sympathy at Cardz 4 Guyz

Welcome to November, the month of remembrance. And this week we are marking that at Cardz 4 Guyz as our theme is Remembrance and/or Sympathy.

I like to keep sympathy cards very simple, I think they are somehow calmer that way, which is welcome at a time of great stress. I wouldn't normally use flowers on a card for a man, but at this time of year the significance of poppies makes them perfect for the occasion, especially if the person being commemorated has ever served in the forces.

So I've used a very old poppy stamp - it's an unmounted one that I got in a grab bag way back when I first started stamping, and a sentiment stamped with an Anna Griffin stamp. Some simple black matting completes the card.

 
I am sharing this with
A bit more time to craft - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes

2 comments:

Barb said...

A beautiful sympathy card Jane. I like the simplicity of it and that is such a lovely poppy stamp. Barbxx

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

This is a lovely card. Simply done yet very elegant! Thanks for sharing with us at CYPC!
Hugs