Saturday 26 November 2016

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #73 UFO

It's time for our new challenge at the Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers and this time Edna has chosen U is for UFO.


No, not flying saucers filled with little green men, but Un Finished Objects.

I really didn't think I HAD any UFOs, I tell myself that I always finish everything I start. But I had a look in the box I keep at the side of my craft table, where I slip anything that makes me think "I'll deal with that later" and this is what I found.......


Erm, well perhaps I don't always finish everything I start (except a bottle of wine, but that's another matter) . What a jumble of stuff though - I thought it would be impossible to work out where to start. 

However one of the encaustic wax frames I'd made some time ago had a very underwatery look to it, and one of the stamped images is this gorgeous Katzelcraft seahorse.... an idea started to form.


I cut one of the encaustic pieces into a frame and mounted it over a piece of shell-patterned paper then coloured the seahorse to match both frame and paper.


Now I'm trying to think of a suitable snarky sentiment to use on the inside! Meanwhile, I am sharing it with
Addicted to stamps and more - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning colours, Jane, and that green looks so watery and fabulous, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Love the colour of the frame it looks like the sea. super image and a great card.

Wynn said...

Great scene Jane. You've inspired to look in my box of unfinished cards or as I call them 'work in progress' but I think 'Unfinished' is more true!!! Huga Wynn xx

Donna said...

Amazing what that box of unfinished "stuff" can turn into isn't it?
Fabulous job sistah!!

Bobby said...

That frame is amazing, Jane. It looks like an underwater cave which is perfect for your darling little seahorse. Thanks for sharing your card with us at ATSM this week.

Lindsey said...

Wow, this is awesome! It's like it was meant to be, the seahorse (esp. the way you coloured him) is perfect for that gorgeous frame.

Michelle N. said...

Absolutely freakin' awesome! I had to look up how you did that frame-neat!