Sunday 21 May 2017

Seeing Stars

When I decided to make this card, it triggered off a major search. You see the gold embossed star I wanted to use is one I made with my old Sizzix machine - it must be at least 10 years since I got rid of it, and when I moved on to a Cuttlebug and then Grand Calibur, I found that most of my Sizzix kit wasn't compatible with them. But I knew I still had the star somewhere and had to run out all my stash - it ended up being the very bottom item in the very last box I searched!


I added some starry paper from my snippets box and a star sentiment stamped with a Debbi Moore stamp and edged everything in black to give a very CAS masculine result.

I am sharing this with
The Male Room - Stars
Watercooler Wednesday - Masculine Anything Goes 

10 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Jane, I adore this CAS design and the embossing on the gold star! What a magnificent collection of stars, including on the dp. :-D

Heidi Weaver said...

The search is on! I can empathise, Jane. It's annoying when you know you've saved something and it just isn't turning up---until the last container. Of course. I'm glad you found that beautifully embossed gold star. It really is the "star" of your card. Great assortment of stars and great idea for a card. Thanks so much for linking up to our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Why is it always the last place you look, when something has gone astray in the stamping stash. Has happened to me on endless occasions. Glad you found it though, as it's a terrific shaped star! Great masculine card. Thanks so much for joining Judy's Masculine anything goes challenge this week and linking up to our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Marsha Reed said...

Great card, Jane! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.s

Fiona said...

Well done for persevering to find it Jane. Great card - thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week

Judy Markowitz said...

Jane this card is wondeerful! I love the CAS feel of it, and the strats definitely lends itself to a masculine card! Thanks for joining us this week on Watercooler Wednesday!

Jane said...

Fabulous collection of different stars and the black outline really makes them all pop, Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

Cara said...

Amazed that not only you remembered you had it, but that you managed to find it. I would have remembered about it when I'd finished! No chance of finding a thing here at the moment. Need a professional declutter! This card is wonderful, love the simplicity of the design. Cara x

Gail said...

Your search was worth it! Love the stars and the colours. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

libbystamps said...

Sweet card! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday challenges!