Wednesday 2 August 2017

Bicycle and flowers

I love the inspiration photo this time at Cuttlebugmania

 
 
For my interpretation of it, I have picked out the blue bicycle and the pink and cream flowers.
 
 
You'll have to bear with me here and believe me when I tell you that the pink card is actually exactly the same shade of pink as the dark pink in the floral paper (a magazine freebie from years ago). The Bicycle is die cut using a die which I think is a Marianne one, mounted on an oval cut with Gummiapan stitched ovals, and the sentiment is cut using a die from a Spellbinders set that I won last week from the lovely Christine Emberson at Hope and Chances. I've added a row of "inverted scallops" below the sentiment strip - this is just the waste left from cutting something else out with scallop edged scissors.

I am also sharing this as a rare "nice" entry to Naughty or Nice - On the Move where I'll be back later in the month with a naughty entry!

7 comments:

cotnob said...

A pretty card Jane, I love the sentiment - a super font. The camera does like to play tricks on us sometimes doesn't it.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! And sooooo perfect for the challenge too, thanks for playing with us again at NoN, Jo x

Liz said...

Great card, Jane. There is something about reds and pinks - they often look so different in a photo. It's so frustrating when you know that colours match IRL. xx

Barb said...

The paper is so pretty Jane. A lovely card and I really like the bicycle die. Barbxx

Cara said...

This is such a pretty card. Got to love the way things look totally different in photographs, I of course look like a supermodel in real life, but like a hippo on camera!

Lindsey said...

We do allow nice cards from you once in a while, Jane. ;) And I had to pause when you said you used a die you won just last week! The Royal British Mail is just that good? Onto your card at last... the colours are so pretty! A lovely birthday card for someone for whom you just wouldn't use snark. :D

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at NoN, good luck!!! Amy DT