Tuesday 15 August 2017

Fancy Folds at Cardz 4 Guyz

Today it's my turn to choose the theme at Cardz 4 Guyz and, knowing how much men seem to appreciate cards with a bit of "engineering" to them, I have chosen Fancy Folds as our theme. I'd love it if you would pop over to the challenge and show us your fancy folds!

For my own card, I've made a centre box fold card, the first time I've ever made one. It looks as if it shouldn't fold flat, but it does - and it fits into a DL sized envelope, too. I first saw the fold on The Craft Spa blog, but have adapted the measurements to the size of card I wanted to make. I chose a New York Skyline die (a gift from Mark, I don't know the brand) and a Tim Holtz Cityscapes New York Skyline stamp.




To make the card, you will need a piece of card 12" x 4" (I chose to work in inches rather than centimetres for a change as the numbers are nice and easy that way!) which you score at 2, 4, 8 and 10 inches, to form a gatefold style card with extra flaps that fold back towards the outside.

Decorate all the panels - I've added a plain white panel to the back for the sender to write on - and then cut the strip to go across the front, 8" long and as wide as the image/sentiment you want to use, and attach it across the two outer flaps so the outside edges line up on both sides. This strip can be positioned at any level across the front of the card - I have positioned it right at the bottom, as you can see in the top photo, to enable the whole of the skyline scene behind it to show over it.

To fold the card flat, just swing the back panel left or right.

I would like to share this with
Dies R Us - Anything goes using dies
Creative with Stamps - Boys to men

9 comments:

Cara said...

I haven't seen that fold before, thank you for sharing it. Love the monochrome and skylines you used on this card, as you say it makes a perfect masculine card x

Margarets designer cards said...

I have not seen that shape before, certainly a great card for a male with the sky line
Well done on something different

meg said...

Great masculine card Jane love the fold

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, Jane, this is stunning! Never seen this style of folding before, but it certainly looks spectacular - almost like a little stage set! Jo x

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, such a fabulous design - I love your die cut and stamped Skylines.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Linby said...

One of my fav stamp sets and with a perfect layout - inspired.

Darlene said...

WOW! This is just beautiful and I love the overall design! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything using Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Maria Valente said...

What a fun interactive card! Thanks for entering our challenge at Creative With Stamps this month. Hope you join us again for our next challenge.
Mary (DT) scrapsdamaryv.blogspot.pt

Gwendolyn said...

Such an amazing black and white folding card, its really striking! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative with Stamps and we hope you join us again next month! Gwendolyn