Tuesday 1 August 2017

Poppies at sunset

Here is another of my Very Old Stamps, although this one seldom goes for long without seeing ink, I love it so much.


I stamped and embossed the poppies, then masked them off while I created the sun. Masking the flowers was a decision I called myself many and varied names for as I was trying to fussy cut and position all those tiny bits of paper for the masks! I then made another mask using the positive and negative of a die cut circle and sponged on distress inks to give the sun. I coloured in the poppies once all the masking was removed.

I am sharing this with
Sweet Stampin' - Sympathy/Thinking of you
Allsorts - photo inspiration
 

9 comments:

Dortesjs said...

Very lovely card this

Unknown said...

Lovely card, pretty poppies :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Cara said...

Fabulous card, no wonder you were cursing making masks for those poppies. I think this is an occasion when masking fluid could come in handy x

Kathleen said...

Great CAS card and a lovely image and a super background.
Thank you for joining our Poppy/Photo Inspiration challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card Jane!
Thank you for sharing your creativity at Allsorts, welcome again;-))m

Barb said...

This is gorgeous Jane. Barbxx

KandA said...

Beautiful card Jane, those colours are stunning xx

brenda said...

A really beautiful Poppy creation following our inspirational photo at Allsorts challenge and a gr eat design as well, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Sammy said...

this is really lovely! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x