Thursday 17 August 2017

Recycling old ATCs

While rummaging through some old stash I discovered a little box of ATCs that I had made but not sent, probably about 10 years ago when I belonged to a few swapping groups, so I decided to try recycling some of them as card toppers.

The two I have made today used stamps that I'd already owned for many years, little red rubber ones that came in a grab bag - I probably bought it from one of the small ads in the back of Crafts Beautiful. (Do other UK crafters remember when that was just about the only craft magazine available here, and we all used to dream of trips to America to stock up on copies of things like Rubberstampmadness and Somerset Studio?). They were part of a family of three stamps. I still have these two but unfortunately I lent the third to a friend who never gave it back.

Here's my first make:


The ATC background was made by brayering ink over a sheet of bubble wrap then pressing the cardstock to the surface. Those pink lips are brads, and I added the Glossy Accents to the water and the bubbles today. The pink glitter card is from my snippets box and the sentiment is a dovecraft one. The lovely embossing folder I used for the background was a gift from a very kind Facebook friend.

I am sharing this with
Shopping Our Stash - Chillaxin' and relaxin'
Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner - Add a star
Retro Rubber - sketch  

RRCB 69













Now on to my second card, using a sister image  - I have made this one as my naughty entry to the Naughty or Nice challenge, where the theme is On the Move.  For some reason, the first thought that sprang to mind when I read the title was *shudder* exercise!


Well, what happens AFTER exercise! The ATC used the stamped image, masked and then stamped all over with a tape measure background stamp. The words were cut from magazines. The bicycle is cut from a scrap of background paper in my snippets box and I've brought the two together with mats of orange and green. The sentiment is a Dylusions one (of course!) and the background card is some pre-embossed Hunkydory stuff aged a little by gently rubbing with brown ink.

The twine and sparkly washi tape came from the amazing bundle of goodies I recently won from Lau and Home  - yes, the bundle included about 6 rolls of different plain and patterned sparkly washi tape. Oh dear, now you all know I own sparkly washi tape, maybe I need to post an armed sentry on the craft room door!

15 comments:

Cara said...

What a great idea to give these fab ATC's their day in the spotlight. Two fantastic cards x

Dotty Jo said...

What brilliant, fun images! Never seen these before, but I really like them. Two great cards, and thanks for a Naughty entry for the current challenge at NoN, Jo x

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Jane, your cards helped start my day with a laugh (not easy right now) so thank you for your adorable card to our sketch challenge at Retro Rubber. It's always good to good through our stash and see what we have and yours was too good not to share. Thank you so much for playing with us and hope you will be back in our gallery soon.

Katy McGloin said...

Jane, these cards are adorable. I almost understand your friend not returning the 3rd stamp, but it really should be given back to its rightful owner!! I love the bubble wrap background and the embossed panel is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing with the Retro Rubber sketch theme this challenge. I always enjoy seeing your creations!

Jan Clothier said...

Great cards, Jane! I love the bright reds against the metallic background and what a stunner that embossing folder is! The bubble wrap stamping has turned out really well. Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Retro Rubber.

Darnell said...

Your ATCs are so fun, Jane! You've done a beautiful job of turning them into equally fun cards to bring joy to peoples and get them out of the craft room! High five!! And how brilliant is your hubby to get you a MISTI for your birthday?! It really does revolutionize stamping and help us make use of those stamps that refuse to lay down a good impression! I had a cousin like that once and, sure enough, he ended up in prison! I'm sorry, that's a complete lie. My hamster has been watching too much politics on TV and I must have a word with him about the definition of truth. It's so wearying! Hugs, Darnell

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

LOL! Your card is hilarious! Thanks for joining us this month at Naughty or Nice Challenges! Cyndi, DT

Kathy Barnett said...

What a cutecard. Thank you for joining us in Challenge #348 at Crafty Creations Challenges. We look forward in having you join us again in the future. Good Luck with the Challenge. Kathy DT

Jane Knudsen said...

Great cards Jane! I feel like the chick in the second card however! Great colors and lovely layouts on both cards! That metallic bg is fantastic!! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Rae Ann said...

Both of these are so awesome! Love the lips on the the first card and the sentiment on the second! So fun!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Add a Star challenge.

Kleri said...

Lovely fun cards!Thank you for sharing your talent with us this week over at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again next week!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)

Lindsey said...

Wow, you dig out your old makes and can reuse them perfectly in these cards... I dig out mine, think, wow, so little skill back then. :P Thanks for going naughty with us! ;)

creative lady said...

Jane, great cards! It's always nice to pull out old stash! Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Claire Grantham said...

Ha ha ha - I love your card, the sentiment is so me in the bath! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Lynne in NI said...

Ha, I love these! Thanks for playing along at Naughty or Nice :)