Saturday 5 August 2017

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #90 - M is for Mink

Our latest challenge has started at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, and today Edna's rocking Mink.

Image may contain: 1 person

What a doll!

But you don't have to get your posh togs on for this challenge, what we want to see is any animal that has fur. And I'm sure you know me well enough by now to know that to me that inevitably means a cat.


I had a lovely messy time creating the brusho backround, aiming to make it look as if kitty had been involved in some serious spillage creation, hence the stamped pawprints going right through it (and probably also the rest of the house). Then to the image - a Katzelkraft one but not the first range most people think of, well I do, when they think of Katzelkraft cats. This one looks so very sweet and innocent, doesn't it? It is totally ignoring the telling off it is getting! I coloured it with pencils to enhance the firry effect, using a metallic gold-green pencil for those piercing eyes.

The sentiment is one I generated on the computer. It's something somebody once said to me and I've no idea whether they were quoting somebody else or just said it on the spur of the moment, but it is so true, isn't it? When a cat ignores you, it does so with every muscle in its body. You can actually FEEL the being-ignored-waves washing over you!

I am sharing this with:
Craft Rocket Challenges - Animal Kingdom
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - anything with a creature
Show us your pussies - Furrything Goes 

15 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

I just love the artsy background you did for your card. Thanks for joining the challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
hugs,
Teresa, DT

Doris Klein said...

This is so fantastic! I love the background and the colours. And I love the cat! It's a very nice creation. WOW!!!!

Thanks for playing along with this 2 Crafty Critters Crazies Challenge and good luck!

Hugs
Doris
*GDT* 2CraftyCritterCrazies
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#8 – Birthday (Summer kids are the best))
*DT* Die Sketchtanten

Alex said...

OMG - this background is awesome!

Alex said...

Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#40 – Animal Kingdom}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#8 – For the birthday – Summerkids are best}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Fantastic kitty image - and those bright colors in the background with the kitty paw prints is fantastic! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for joining us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, so true! Love the Brusho-work, Jane. I just make one huge mess whenever I try to create something with them, Jo x

Lindsey said...

Your cat definitely has the whole I-may-be-looking-your-way-but-I'm-not-paying-an-iota-of-attention-to-you attitude honed to a fine art! And an awesome background for him, too.

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, such a sweet image and great background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous background, super cut kitty and a fabulous card!!! and the sentiment is sooooooo true.

Lynne Mizera said...

Yup... You know cats! I WISH cats would ignore me, but they sense immediately that they are not my favourite and spend the entire visit wrapping themselves around my legs and mewling to be petted... CATS!! Grin wonderful creation SIstaaah!

Cara said...

Fab card, love that background. Not sure about being ignored by a cat, but my bunnies will certainly turn round and show you the bunny bum of ignoring, they have it off to a t!

Donna said...

So much to love about this awesome kitty card sistah!
The fab background, the kitty, the paw prints and of course the snarky sentiment!
Perfection!

ike said...

Fantastic card and such a beautiful background :-)
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Mimi said...

Haha... that's a total burnnnnnn!

Art Tart on a Farm said...

So true so true....lol