Monday 7 August 2017

Three- but not of a kind

I didn't think I was going to have time to post for a few days, but I've managed to sneak in with a quick post about three very different cards I made over the weekend. There won't be as much waffle as usual, you'll be relieved to know, as I'm pushed for time.

First a very CAS card:


Masked the card to leave a space, sponged in DI, then used Stazon to stamp Judikins Sprouts Border. Removed mask, drew a fine line just outside sponged area to give it a 3D look then stamped dragonflies from a stamp set I won in the Butterfly Challenge.

I am sharing this with

Addicted to CAS - One layer card
Stamping sensations - Anything Goes

-o0o-

Next, an all-over stamped design that  still retains a CAS feel because of the restricted colour palette


The sunflower stamp is an old unmounted one from my stash - I stamped it all over in brown memento ink and coloured with Promarkers, then topped it with a sentiment stamp I won in the Playground.

I am sharing this with
The Flower Challenge - Background Stamping

Glitter and Sparkle - Monochrome
 House of Cards - Floral Images and/or Colours (just the floral aspect)

-o0o-

And finally, moving RIGHT away from CAS, a Christmas card with just about everything but the kitchen sink thrown at it:


The robins are stamped with a lovely Woodware set I won in the playground and all the layers and die cuts are made using snippets - the red glittery layer is the remains of a gift bag I once received a present in. I can't remember what the present was but the bag has been very useful - this is the last scrap of it.

The snowflakes are cut using a new set of cheap dies I bought through Amazon. They cut beautifully and come out cleanly, but the large snowflake comes apart into two separate bits. I don't know whether it's by accident or design but now I know it does that I'm going to use it for making some two tone snowflakes in the future.

I am sharing this with
Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday
Pixie's Snippets Playground weeks 293-294
Winter Wonderland - use ribbon, twine or lace    (the heart-patterned ribbon)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - three of something (snowflakes)

18 comments:

KandA said...

Three fabulous cards Jane, especially love the first. Super use of the gift bag on the snippets cards too xx

Cara said...

Three fabulous and very different cards. I love how you have used up the gift bag, but can't remember what was in it! Sounds like you're going back to your childhood when the box was more interesting than the present!

Di said...

Gorgeous cards Jane - and it's so lovely to see you using Playground prizes as well! A host of gorgeous snippets goes so, so well with those sweet little robins! Love the snowflake dies - I really ought to explore away from well known brands as there are some beautiful designs around nowadays.

Hugs

Di xx

Christine Harrop said...

What a lovely card with cute image. The heart ribbon is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland. Good luck. Christine DT x

brenda said...

A super array of cards Jane, I love the cheery Christmas card but it's those vivid burst of colour on the first that has to be my favourite. Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
what wonderful cards ,and your snippets Christmas card is a brilliant design.
Love the colours of the CAS one, and your sunflower one is super also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Jane, I especially like the first one - gorgeous colours and great CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card Jane. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Margarets designer cards said...

Three beautiful cards, the CAS are lovely with gorgeous colours.
Your Christmas card is gorgeous and I love your snowflakes, I'm off to look at Amazon to look at their dies

Mrs A. said...

3 absolutely gorgeous cards and all so different. Love the first card using your win . I think on the last card
I can see a tiny space for the kitchen sink!! Lol. Hugs Mrs A.

Unknown said...

All 3 cards are great, love the layers and gorgeous snowflakes on the last one but the first one is my favourite as I do love silhouette stamps and the background is gorgeous :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Cazro said...

Oh! I love your eclectic mix for the Chritmas card. Great use of your red glittery bag, your a splendid crafting Womble. Your robins are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the fun at Winter Wonderland. Caz DT

Bobby said...

You sure put your snippets to good use,Jane. Those robins are adorable with their little holly branches. Thanks for sharing your holiday card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Lynne K said...

They're all gorgeous cards, but I do especially like the CAS design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Viv said...

Great cards all of them Jane, thanks for sharing the beautiful sunny flowers one with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 345 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too x

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Rosmarie said...

Great cards ...and all so beautyful!!
Thank you to join us at House of Cards.
Rosi