Sunday 20 August 2017

Very grumpy cat!

It was my birthday last weekend and my lovely friend Claire bought me a set of Dylusions snarky sentiment stamps called "Ugh, People!" which is packed with wonderfully grumpy sentiments - all of which work perfectly with the Katzelkraft grumpy cat from the Les Chats Russes set.


I decided that today  Grumpy Cat had gone out to the shed for a sulk, so I made him a wood-effect background by covering  the card with Twisted Citron Distress oxide. I spritzed it a bit then added some bigger drips of water before blotting and drying, then used Imagination Crafts Stardust Paint to stencil the wood effect over it. Having been quite wet the card was a bit puckered, meaning that some of it lifted from the stencil and made the lines a bit smudged in places, but then whoever heard of a perfectly evenly grained symmetrical piece of wood?

I cut a piece of woodgrain paper to give him a shelf to sit on, and coloured him with Promarkers, fussy cut him and, in true Grumpy Cat style, added the sentiment directly over his head.

I'm sharing this with
Cardz 4 Galz - cats and kittens  (actually I think this would be suitable for a gal OR a guy, but I think we women tend to have more "Ugh, people!" days than men!)
Just add ink - Stencils

14 comments:

Claire Toplis said...

The cats work brilliantly with these sentiments !!! Great card Jane !

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, the perfect sentiment for your grumpy cat.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cara said...

I think the smudging makes the grain look more realistic. I love these cats and the snarky sentiments look great with him. Brilliant card x

Liz said...

Your card really made me smile. Love the expression on the cats face and the sentiment is perfect. xx

Donna Ellis said...

hahaha! What a great card, and quite appropriate for any number of occasions, Jane! So glad I got to see your masterpiece showcased at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Crafting Queen said...

I love this card!!!!! That cat and sentiment is just perfect. Need this stamp.

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, gotta love the grumpy cat!!! fab. background.

Margarets designer cards said...

Love it, great card

KimB said...

Ah Jane as a cat fan this made me smile. Love that stencilled woodgrain background and your very expressive grumpy cat! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jan said...

So cute Jane! I'm sure cats often think this way about people lol! I love the texture and details of your wood grain background and your cute cat's expression is appropriately very grumpy :-) Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Lindsey said...

Best.

Tina said...

Oh, that cat is just too funny! Fab card - thanks for siting with us at Just Add Ink.

Cazro said...

A super fun card, any cat owner will totally get this. Thanks for sharing in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT

Julie B said...

Supet card Jane love the snarking sentiment!
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Galz and congrats on the spotlight. :)