Saturday 23 September 2017

Special Delivery

Do you ever see a challenge them and find it pulls together vague ideas in your head? That's what happened to me today when I saw the sketch at Less is More - I'd had this parcel stamp and the inkpads I wanted to use out on the table for several days but couldn't quite decide how I was going to use them.


I stamped the three parcels and heat embossed them with clear powder, then fussy cut them.  The sentiment is stamped using one of the sentiments on the stamp sheet that comes with the new issue of Papercraft Essentials.

I had planned to put them on a plain white panel, but when I arranged them in place I felt it had crossed the dividing line between CAS and Boring, so I used a Santoro folder to emboss a snowstorm of hearts!

I am sharing this with
Less is More - Sketch

Christmas Card Throwdown - Pink, red and green

Winter Wonderland - Wrap it Up

11 comments:

Kathyk said...

I see you found the perfect way to use them then! Super make

Kathyk

Susan said...

Just the perfect Christmas card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Cara said...

I love how this came together for you, it looks great and I love the embossing x

Cards By MI said...

Lovely looking card, CAS and yet detailed. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A super card Jane and the sentiment works so well with those images. I love the addition of the pink present in with the bold and brilliant red and green. The embossing on the background looks a little busy for our tastes at Less is More because we really do love that clear, unadorned 'white' space but the gift images are really beautiful with all the detail in them. xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A striking and fun card Jane. Loving all those tumbling pressies and what cheery colours too. As Sharon mentioned the embossed background does add interest but gives the impression of a pattern and you know we are a stickler for 'white,clean,blank space' at Less is More so maybe it could be restricted to a small portion of your card front in future to comply with our CAS guidelines. Thanks so much for joining us and sharing your card in our gallery this week. x

Paper Lily Leaf said...

A lovely card and the perfect take on our colour challenge! Thanks for joining us at CCT, April x

Sid said...

Fab Pressie feel to your card !

AlisonC said...

I love it when a plan comes together, sometimes you just need that little idea. The presents are really fun and look stylish against the embossing.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Jane. Love the colours and the embossed background.
Thanks so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo

Lucinda said...

Definitely not boring! A lovely way to use the sketch, the colours and your lovely present stamps. Thanks for sharing with us at the Christmas Card Throwdown.