Sunday 11 February 2018

What a week!

It's been One Of Those weeks.

First the dishwasher packed up - luckily we managed to get that sorted out - with all the cooking we do, managing without it would be a real struggle.

Then the loo in our en suite got stuck on permanent flush. Fortunately we have a maintenance contract and it was sorted out the next day.

Then the gas boiler started to play up, switching itself off every few minutes and refusing to fire up when the heating first comes on in the morning. Because it's such a busy time of year, the engineer can't come out to it for a few more days so at the moment we have only intermittent heating and hot water.

Anyway by Friday morning all the repairs were either done or booked, so we got on and booked airport parking for our holiday in April, and a hotel for the previous week when we are going to look after my Mum while my brother, her main carer, goes on holiday. We were feeling pretty pleased with ourselves - until the post arrived, bringing with it a summons for me to do two weeks of jury service - for the period of my brother's and our holidays. Now jury service is a great privilege but in order to do it at the time not only would we have to cancel the holiday we have booked and paid for, but so would my brother and his family, and also my daughter and her family as we are holidaying with them. So I've applied to have it deferred to a later date - please all cross your fingers (or hold your thumbs, if that's what you do in your country) that the deferment is granted!

Anyway, I've made a card that sums up my feelings about this week:


The image is a Viva las Vegas stamp, the sentiment from So Suzy and the splodges are from the Gentleman Crafter set.

I am sharing this with

Rubber Dance - I've chosen the colour challenge of Orange, Turquoise and Lime Green

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, but your week sounds like a short trip to hell! Fingers crossed you'll get your jury service deferred. I did jury service a few years ago and found it both stressful and interesting in equal measures! Jo x

Cara said...

Wonderful card, sums up life perfectly! I hope this week brings better things for you and I have everything crossed for a deferment for you x

Barb said...

I love your card Jane and what a great sentiment. Glad you got most of your problems fixed! Weve finally used up the last few bits that our neighbour had in her freezer after ours gave up the ghost. Popping round to her later with a bottle of red and some choccies.

I was so excited a couple of years ago to be called for jury service. I went out and bought some smart new clothes then when I turned up the accused had pleaded guilty and we were all sent home. Now I'm too old! Isn't life strange!!! Barbxx

Rubber Dance said...

Stunning card! Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge! xx Susanne.